Mike Murray is a dietitian, strength & conditioning specialist, podcast host, and writer with a passion for science. He is the owner of Hammer Away. Their mission is to utilize an evidence-based approach customized to the individual’s unique strength, physique, and overall health goals which is accomplished by facilitating positive behavior change and the development of sustainable habits.
In this episode we talked about:
- Mike Athletic Background
- Journey in Body Building and powerlifting
- Transition from being an athlete to helping other people with their nutrition and performance
- The worst advice that you have heard that doesn’t make sense.
- The study on carbohydrate insulin model of obesity
- Energy from carbs versus fat
- 32nd round down of intermittent fasting
- The three branch of intermittent fasting
- 2 Propose benefit if intermittent fasting
- Is there another way to get autophagy besides intermittent fasting?
- Two regulations of autophagy
- The magical properties of intermittent fasting
- Is there any point when an athlete should consider their minutes fasting overall?
- Macronutrients tend to get demonized.
- What are your thoughts on overall food and maybe caloric intake versus breaking down each nutrient and getting the right ratios?
- The female athlete triad.
- Are all carbs created equal or fats or protein?
Mike Murray’s Information:
Podcast: Muscle Memoirs
Claim your 14-Day Free Virtual Mobility Coach:
www.thereadystate.com/jase (Affiliate Link)